- Tuberculosis (TB) is a curable and preventable disease that can be lethal if not detected early and treated properly.
- Diagnosis is commonly established from highly infectious sputum samples using NAAT test, hence restricting testing to bio-safety and molecular biology-equipped facilities that are far removed from the majority of patients.
- The use of vibrational molecular signatures obtained with QES can be successfully used as a scalable platform for the detection of TB and HIV co-infection from 2ul of plasma samples.
- >90% sensitivity and 90% specificity were achieved in the pilot blind validation, exceeding WHO recommendations
- A posteriori repurposing of training data to screen for co-morbidities (HIV) showed the capability of over-the-air- updates without additional sample consumption